Spanish for Teachers: Online Classes, Free Lessons, Classroom Resources, and more!
Help your LEP Students succeed by learning Spanish for Teachers!
Spanish for Educators provides some basic, yet specific Spanish skills for teachers in order to help you manage your classroom. Additionally, we help you give clear direction to your limited English students so that you can help make their transition into an English speaking classroom much more achievable.
Year after year we have more Spanish only students in our schools working hard to fit in with their classmates, but it’s not easy to succeed in school. Therefore, goal of our Spanish for Educators classes is to help educators communicate effectively in Spanish with students and parents who are not yet fluent in English. However you choose to provide Spanish for Educators training, we’re glad to be a resource for you. You can implement programs during your School District’s Summer Teacher Trainings, on teacher workshop days, Summer Spanish Immersion programs in Costa Rica, or at another convenient time in the year. Regardless of the format, Common Ground will customize these Spanish for Educators classes to fit the unique needs of your school.
Spanish Classes for Teachers
Weekly Spanish lessons for Teachers
Spanish immersion trips for Teachers
Spanish immersion for Teachers in Central and South America
Group Spanish Classes for Teachers:
Like all of Common Ground International’s Spanish classes, these class are dynamic and conversational. Additionally, we provide you with practical Spanish skills so that you can manage typical classroom situations.
The Beginning I & Beginning 2 Spanish for Teachers courses help you:
- Communicate classroom rules in addition to your behavior expectations
- Express curriculum objectives to students and their parents
- Learn Spanish vocabulary for the classroom such as: classroom objects, rooms, etc.).
- Explain student schedules and times as well as academic subjects
- Report incidents to parents so that they’re up to date
- Make phone calls home in order to communicate with parents
- Discuss evaluations and assessments with parents so that they can know their student’s progress
- Negotiate Parent-Teacher conferences in order to come to mutual agreements
- Learn Latino cultural norms and its views on education so that you can meet and adjust parent expectations
1 thought on “Spanish for Classroom Teachers and Spanish Teachers”
Hi! How can I participate in this program if my school doesn’t purchase it/sign up? This is a personal desire of mine as I am the English side of a dual language program. As we have newcomers enrolling in my school, I would like to be able to communicate with them better than I currently do. With all of the expenses put on schools and required PD in Texas, I don’t know if this is a purchase that my school would be willing to make. So I’d like to know my options if I need to fund this on my own. Thank you in advance for your help!