Intermediate MMS: Intermediate Medical Spanish Course Online
This comprehensive online Medical Spanish course helps you gain a wide & deep functioning level of Medical Spanish that allows you to connect with your patients and work with them responsibly.
In this online medical Spanish course you will learn the Spanish you need from meeting and greeting your patient for the very first time to managing follow-up care.
Specifically, here are the lessons included in this online medical Spanish course:
- Building rapport and trust with patients in Spanish
- Understanding patient symptoms in Spanish
- Present & present perfect verbs in Spanish
- Anatomy in Spanish
- Patient medical history in Spanish
- Pain & injuries in Spanish
- Preterite past tense verbs in Spanish
- Imperfect past tense verbs in Spanish
- Commands and conditional verbs in Spanish
- Conducting physical exams in Spanish
- Ordering tests and procedures in Spanish
- Direct and indirect object pronouns in Spanish
- Discussing diagnosis, treatment plan and discharge instructions in Spanish
- Giving anticipatory guidance in Spanish
- Scheduling follow-up appointments in Spanish
- Motivational interviewing in Spanish
Additional Course Details
- Class instruction is given in 80:20 Spanish:English and students are encouraged to participate as much as possible in Spanish.
- Each class session will include a combination of new learning, and lots of practice! The best way to approach it is to be relaxed and not care about making mistakes with the language. So, be ready to relax, experiment, and LEARN SPANISH!
- Every week, a new lesson will open up for you to watch the instructional videos, take notes, and build your Spanish vocabulary. You will have several days to watch the video lessons and learn the related vocabulary & grammar concepts.
- Once a week, you will meet online with your classmates for a live practice session on the Zoom video conferencing platform. Your instructor will email you weekly with login details for our live online practice sessions via Zoom.
- You can use any device you like to login to the zoom practice sessions (computer, tablet, mobile phone). Whichever device you choose to use should be equipped with a video camera and earphones/microphones for reducing background noise on the conference. Get Zoom setup on your device.
Tips for success in this course:
- Language learning is both academic and experiential. You will need to memorize new vocabulary, think about how it pulls together to form a complete thought, and PRACTICE!
- Study little by little throughout the week in between practice sessions. Don’t try and cram the information the day or morning before your scheduled practice session. Do your best to complete the lesson content at latest 2 days before your practice session and review your notes the day before your practice session.
- Download & Print the lesson notes & actually take notes on them during the lesson videos. The more you physically write this content out, the easier it is to learn it.
- Give special attention to the vocabulary delivered throughout this course. Study it Span>Eng & Eng>Span before you move on. Use quizlet or write your own flashcards out.
- ALWAYS attend the live practice sessions whether you finished the lesson or not. Academic knowledge of a language is pretty useless if you’ve never taken the time to practice it.
- Study for your quizzes like any other test you would take – that will allow you to focus on the actual questions and tasks to complete during the quiz instead of being distracted by not knowing certain vocabulary, etc.