CGI | Spanish and English Language Training and Services
We specialize in Spanish for specific purposes and English for specific purposes. Our language services are all focused on impacting communities through language. We help students and professionals in bilingual environments make a difference in their communities and around the world with language. You can expect nothing less than excellence when you contract for language services with Common Ground International.
Learn English with Common Ground and get immediate results! Improving your English is quite possibly one of the best investments an individual can make in his/her career. And investing in your team’s English skills returns immediate productivity, safety, and customer service results. Studies show that how you communicate in the workplace has a drastic effect on how coworkers, employers and clients view you or your team.Learn more
Teaching Language for Specific Purposes (aka LSP) is teaching language within a very specific context and with measurable and transactional objectives to using language. It’s very different from teaching general language classes. Teaching languages for specific purposes has been our specialty since we Common Ground was born in 2001, and now we’re sharing our secrets!Learn more
Free Courses, Free Study Materials, and other Free Learning Resources Provided by Common Ground. It turns out that we have more ideas and material than we know how to sell. And, not everything has to be paid anyway – poke around a little and see if we’re giving anything away that meets your needs!Learn more
Learning Spanish for healthcare produces immediate and noticeable results. We teach medical Spanish courses throughout Denver all year and provide medical Spanish immersion programs during the winter and summer months. Join a course that is interactive, fun & directly applicable to your day to day work with patients!Learn more
Immersion is the quickest way to improve your comfort and confidence speaking Spanish! Intentional travel solidifies your language proficiency in ways that you never could at home. Learn more about how our Spanish immersion programs help you speak Spanish more comfortably and confidently!Learn more
Certified document translation & qualified interpretation that you can trust! Use CGI’s certified professional translators and qualified interpreters and you’ll be certain that your message is communicated effectively and clearly. Learn more about document translation and interpretation services!Learn more
Latest Blog Posts
Check out the latest blog posts for free lessons on how to the use Spanish and English in everyday settings. Most posts include a video lesson, downloadable notes and vocabulary flashcards for self-study.
- Describing the diabetic diet in SpanishLearn how to describe the diabetic diet in Spanish. The diabetic diet basically consists of: Eating healthier foods Eating smaller…
- Discussing the Heart Healthy Diet in SpanishThe heart healthy diet guides patients on what to eat and what to avoid in order limit heart disease and…
- Discussing physical activity in SpanishExercise and physical activity are an essential component of any diet and lifestyle conversation with patients. So how do you…
- Learning English – Adjectives ending in -ed and -ingAdjectives ending in -ed or -ing can be confusing. For example, when the bilingual mother of my friend answered the…
- Learning English – What is the difference between Look, Watch, and See?This blog post is in English first, followed by Spanish. Scroll down to read it in Spanish. Do you ever…
- Common American English Collocations–Word That Go TogetherCollocations are two or more words that go together in an expression, such as fast food, pay attention, or happily…
- Direct Objects Pronouns in Spanish – Los Complementos Directos en EspañolWhat are direct object pronouns in Spanish? Los complementos directos o los objetos directos often the answer to the “What”…
- Bien vs. Bueno vs. Buen in Spanish: When To Use ThemBien y Bueno/a son unas de las palabras que suelen generar confusión cuando estás aprendiendo español: ¿Cómo saber cuándo usar…
- Understanding Por vs. Para in Spanish and When to Use ThemIf you’ve ever had trouble saying “for” in Spanish, you’re not alone! Although POR and PARA in Spanish may both…
We have the best selection of industry-specific textbooks, workbooks and dictionaries for you to learn Spanish with!View all books
Spanish – English Language Exchange
Community of professionals from Latin America & North America practicing Spanish & English with each other
Learn Spanish Online!View all courses
The Immersion Fund
We all know that Spanish immersion is the best way to learn Spanish. The Immersion Fund is a 501c3 dedicated to helping individuals fund their Spanish immersion trips through unique fundraising opportunities and student travel scholarships so that they can use Spanish more effectively and have a bigger impact in their home communities. However, Spanish immersion travel is costly and not always feasible for students and emerging professionals.
The Immersion Fund was created to help participants fund their Spanish immersion program while also making a difference in another person’s life. By partnering with other nonprofit organizations in Central America we’ve come up with a unique fundraising program to generate student travel scholarships for Spanish immersion trips. The Immersion Fund is unique fundraising with a purpose!
1-2 weeks in length
3-6 weeks in length; you choose!
1-6 weeks in length
The best way to learn Spanish!View all trips & options
We look forward to hearing from you!
Toll Free: (888) 879-2575
PO Box 174
Lafayette, CO 80026