Learn to be a Spanish Interpreter for Healthcare!
Introduction to Interpreting Spanish in Healthcare
A few times a year we offer an introduction to interpreting Spanish in healthcare course. This interpreter training course has 1 primary objective: to train clinical and support staff to interpret responsibly for the Spanish-only patients that receive services at your facility. We help you refine your medical terminology, improve conversion skills, and understand industry norms and standards. There are also 2 secondary objectives – to help students prepare for the nationally recognized Bridging the Gap interpreter training course and to help students prepare for the national certification as a Spanish interpreter in healthcare.
This is the perfect introductory course for hospitals and clinics to provide to their staff. It helps orient bilingual staff to medical interpreter standards, ethics, and skills while equipping them to interpret responsibly for the safety of the patient and to meet industry standards for providing health services in the patient’s native language.
In this medical interpreter training course you will:
- Refine your Spanish medical terminology and the English equivalents needed for precise interpreting
- Refine your tone and register levels in Spanish & English to ensure that you’re communicating appropriately with varied audiences
- Learn concentration and memorization tricks to interpret with higher accuracy
- Practice interpreting Spanish in a variety of common clinical and customer service scenarios to gain confidence as a Spanish interpreter in healthcare
- Learn and commit to abide by the national standards of practice for interpreting in healthcare
- Learn and commit to abide by the national code of ethics for interpreting in healthcare
- For Individuals: Please see the onsite medical Spanish course registration page for any medical interpreter training courses that are currently open to the public for registration.
- For Hospitals and Hospital Systems: Contact us to bring a healthcare interpreter training course to your facility.