Spanish for Teachers – Classroom Management Course
Spanish for Teachers- Classroom Management Course (Manejo de Aula)
This is a 3 lesson mini course on the Spanish language you need to manage your classroom in Spanish!
This course was taught live and these lessons include the live recording, lesson notes, practice activities and homework.
You have a huge task…Making sure all students, parents and guardians are on the same page! It’s even harder to do in Spanish. In this “Manejo de Aula” or classroom management course, I guarantee your effort in learning how to communicate in Spanish will bring you many steps closer to achieving stronger educational partnerships and student’s overall success in school.
In this course, You will learn how to communicate effectively about these three common topics:
- Communicate classroom expectations in Spanish
- Learn to manage your classroom in Spanish by learning how to give common school day instructions such as whole class directions, group work, turning in homework, beginning of the class systems and routine, etc.
- Learn how to talk about positive and negative students behaviors in Spanish by learning key verbs and actions
This course focuses on learning real-life, relevant Spanish that is needed in order to manage the classroom and maintain communication with parents/guardians. The emphasis of this course is to help educators communicate effectively in Spanish with students and parents/guardians who are not fluent in English.
Lesson 1 – Communicating classroom expectations. In this lesson, you will learn:
- Personal expressions to communicate your expectations. Such as: En nuestra clase, (in our class, we…listen when others speak, respect the property of others, are ready to learn when the bell chimes, we help peers…)
- Impersonal Expressions + infinitive structure to communicate such things as: It’s important to…It’s necessary to…Raise your hand when…Use your…Pay attention to…
- And expressing what students should NOT do
Lesson 2 – Communicating common school day instructions. In this lesson, you will learn:
- How to give whole class instructions for your systems and routines in place
- How give instruction about turning in assignments, projects, meeting deadlines
- Entering the class instructions and getting ready for the day
- Transition instructions
- Group work and much more
- Learn the command form in Spanish
Lesson 3 – Learn how to talk about positive and negative student behaviors in Spanish. In this workshop, you will learn:
- Key vocabulary and verbs to talk express various student behaviors and actions
- How to communicate these with parents and guardians
- And how to praise good choices and behaviors
Who is this class ideal for?
- This Spanish course is for classroom teachers with a high percentage of Spanish speaking families that need to quickly learn Spanish in order to communicate about the following topics with their Spanish speaking students, families, parents and guardians.
- This is a beginning Spanish workshop series for educators and is appropriate for a student that would currently identify themselves as having a novice low to novice high knowledge of the Spanish language (based on ACTFL proficiency guidelines).
- However, ALL Spanish levels can join this series as vocabulary, verbs and contexts will be targeted for specific classroom scenarios.
If you have more questions about whether or not this workshop is a good fit for you, please email Leslie at [email protected]
You may also like…
Online Spanish for Teachers
Spanish for Teachers | Conducting Parent Teacher Conferences in Spanish$49.97 Add to cart