Spanish for Educators
Present tense verbs in Spanish are the glue that hold all of your Spanish vocabulary together. Knowing how to conjugate verbs in Spanish allows you to connect subjects with the actions they are doing.
In this course we take a deep dive into present tense verb conjugations in Spanish. We embed these conjugations in the context of verbs and vocabulary that are extremely useful for working in your educational communities.
We provide you with quick and easy video lessons, downloads for further study, and quizzes to test your knowledge.
This Spanish for Educators Verbs Course is a foundational first step in the learning how to communicate with your students, parents and guardians. This course will help you:
- Improve your Spanish in order to better serve your educational communities
- Break down language barriers with students in the classroom and parents / guardians outside the classroom
- Use Spanish here and there throughout the day to make sure all students know what to expect and how to follow your unique classroom systems, rules and processes.
Learn more about this course in my introductory video:
Who is this course for?:
- This Spanish course is for classroom teachers that need to quickly learn Spanish to address the needs of their Spanish-speaking students, families, parents and guardians.
- This is a beginning Spanish course for educators and is appropriate for a student that would currently identify themselves as having a novice low to novice high knowledge of the Spanish language (based on ACTFL proficiency guidelines).
This course focuses on learning real-life, relevant Spanish that is needed in order to manage the classroom and maintain communication with parents/guardians. The emphasis of this course is to help educators communicate effectively in Spanish with students and parents/guardians who are not fluent in English. This course is comprised of 7 foundational lessons that highlight the necessary grammar and vocabulary to communicate in Spanish.
- Lesson 1: Regular Present Tense Verb Conjugations
- Lesson 2: Irregular Present Tense Verbs
- Lesson 3: Stem Changing Verbs in the Present Tense
- Lesson 4: Reflexive Verbs in the Present Tense
- Lesson 5: Master the most common verbs for Teachers
4 Pasos: In each lesson there are 4 steps to complete the lesson:
- Paso 1: Download lesson notes and vocabulary lists
- Paso 2: Watch the lesson and take notes using the lesson notes provided
- Paso 3: ¡Práctica! Practice the lesson objectives in the various practice activities
- Paso 4: Application: Implement this Spanish, right now, today in your communication with students, parents and guardians