Middle School Spanish Immersion – Student Travel Program in Costa Rica:
Spanish Immersion for Emerging Speakers
- 10-day spring break & summer trips
- 2wk – 4wk summer trips
- Interactive & communicative Spanish classes at local language school (Pacific coast, Cloud forest or Central Valley locations)
- Host family lodging & cultural activities
- Adventure tours
- Optional community service / service learning using Spanish
- Flexible budgeting
- Flexible scheduling
- Leaders committed to:
- creating fun, meaningful language and cultural interactions
- helping your students become comfortable speaking Spanish
8th Grade Class Trip / Introduction to Immersion: June 6th – June 16th, 2019 (give or take a couple days on either end to accommodate best flight arrangements)
- 8th grade students at St. Timothy’s school
- 8th grade students from schools across the nation
- Limited to 20 students
- To gain Spanish proficiency in a native language setting through a variety of contexts including: direct Spanish instruction, cultural activities, host family exchanges, volunteer work and adventure excursions.
- To learn about another culture by living with host families, interacting with local kids through volunteer work and community activities.
- To grow personally by experiencing life through another cultural perceptive. To learn about oneself from being stretched outside of student’s comfort zone.
- Nov. 1st, 2018 — St. Timothy Group Registration Deadline
- Feb. 1st, 2019 –8th grade students not part of St. Timothy School
Trip price & Inclusions: $2500-$2700 (priced will be determined once we have a firm number of participants)
What is included?
- Pre-departure preparation (virtual & meeting with trip leaders)
- Host family stay
- 2 meals/day while with host family
- Private in-country transportation
- 12 hours of Spanish classes & materials
- 24/7 adult supervision
- 2 Guided adventure excursions
- Hotel lodging & breakfast while on excursions
- National Park entrances, guides & tips
- Hot springs entrance
- zip-line excursions
- Travel insurance with secondary medical coverage
- Assistance arranging your flights on group flight
What else do I need to budget for?
- Round trip flights (these will be chaperoned by trip leaders)
- 10 Lunches: $5 – $7 on average or Brownbag: $2–$3
- 6 Dinners while on excursion portion of the program: $10-$12
- Optional surf lessons ($50)
- Souvenirs & other day to day snacks, etc.
Questions? Contact Leslie Foster
- Follow link to our online store
- Pay your deposit
- Receive detailed email with longer registration form and next steps
- Start your pre-departure course (Jan. 2019)