Por vs. Para Spanish Grammar Lesson (for learners)
Spanish Grammar Lesson: Por vs. Para
If you’ve ever had trouble saying “for” in Spanish, you’re not alone!
Let’s talk about POR vs. PARA: The key to understanding por vs. para is to think of the meaning you want to convey. For example:
- If I use a phrase such as “three for a dollar” in English, the “for” has a different meaning than it does in “this book is for you.”
- In the first case: “three for a dollar” the “for” indicates an exchange or rate.
- In the second example: “this book is for you” “for” indicates an intention or direction.
- Thus the Spanish translations of the two phrases are different: “tres por un dólar” and “este libro es para ti.”
IN THE FREE POR VS. PARA SPANISH GRAMMAR LESSON DOWNLOAD YOU WILL
- ¡APRENDER! Learn the difference in uses between the Spanish prepositions POR and PARA that both mean “for.” Por and para are not interchangeable, they both have distinct uses
- ¡MEMORIZAR! Memorize this acronym PERFECT DREEMS (yes, DREEMS with two EE’s).
- ¡PRACTICAR! Practice your new knowledge by completing the included practice exercises.
- ¡APLICARLO! Apply it in real life situations and in the life application project included.