$19.99 – $47.98
The Past tenses – Preterite and Imperfect: Spanish Workshop Series
This is a 3 part workshop
You can register for parts 1, 2, 3 or save 20% when you register for all 3! If you are not able to attend the live workshop, we will send you the replay, along with the lesson notes, practice activities and homework.
The past tense in Spanish is one of the more tricky concepts for English speakers learning Spanish. There are two past tenses (preterite and imperfect) and they are not used interchangeably. They have very specific uses that can change the meaning of what you are trying to say.
In this workshop series, you will take a deep dive into the two primary past tense verb conjugations in Spanish: Preterite and Imperfect tense. You will learn:
- the regular forms of the verbs, irregulars, stem changers, and verbs that change meaning in the past tenses.
- You will also be able to identify the triggers and context clues that indicate which verb tense should be used.
Part 1 – Sept. 21: How and when to use the Preterite Verb Tense. In this workshop, you will learn:
- 5 specific uses of the preterite
- trigger words that initiate the preterite
- verb conjugations and the 17 irregular verbs
Part 2 – Oct. 19: How and when to use the Imperfect verb tense. In this workshop, you will learn:
- 5 specific uses of the imperfect
- trigger words that initiate its use
- verb conjugations and the 3 irregular verbs
Part 3 – Nov. 16: Using both the Preterite and Imperfect to tell stories and about past events. In this workshop, you will learn:
- Practice using both verbs together to talk about past events and tell stories
- You will be able to clearly see the juxtaposition of the uses when combined
- We will also review a handful of verbs that change meaning depending on which verb tense is used
Register for the live workshop. If you cannot make it live, we will send you the recording, lesson notes and practice activities.
The short story is you are going to learn how and when to use these TWO verbs and when you attend the live Zoom workshops you are going to practice and apply what you are learning immediately!
Each workshop will will last approximately 60-75 minutes and will take place on Zoom. You will have access the class replay, as well as downloadable lesson notes and homework to practice after the workshop.
Once you register for this workshop you will get a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
Please mark your calendar today:
- Part 1: Sept. 21 @8pm ET
- Part 2: Oct. 19 @8pm ET
- Part 3: Nov. 16 @8pm ET
**If you can’t make it live, but still want to improve your Spanish, when you register, we will send you the replay, along with the lesson notes, practice activities and homework.
Who is this class ideal for?
The ideal student has studied Spanish before and has a working knowledge of present tense verbs and knows how to conjugate them. You are also able to communicate in the present tense and have can form and express sentences.
If you have more questions about whether or not this workshop is a good fit for you, please email Leslie at [email protected]