Common Ground International Terms and Conditions
Bookstore Shipping Policy
All items indicated to be in-stock are shipped on the same day if the order is placed before 1:00 PM Mountain Time during the work week. In-stock items ordered after 1:00 PM Mountain Time will be shipped on the following business day. A confirmation email is sent once the item is packaged and a shipping label has been printed. This email will also provide the USPS tracking number for your item along with an estimated delivery date (according to USPS, and based on the shipping method you selected).
IMPORTANT: Our inventory can fluctuate throughout the day, so an item indicated as “in-stock” when you place your order may, in fact, be out-of-stock. In this event, we make every effort to contact you by email immediately to notify you that your order will be placed on backorder. The email will also provide you with information on how to cancel the order if you would prefer not to wait for the item to be in stock again. Most out-of-stock items are in stock again within two (2) weeks.
Bookstore Order Cancellation Policy
To cancel an order you have placed with Common Ground International, you must contact customer support by email ([email protected]) or by phone (303-684-5557). Every effort will be made to accommodate the cancellation of your order as long as it has not yet shipped. When contacting customer support to cancel an order, please be ready to provide your name, the order number, and your contact information.
Please note that if the item has shipped, the order cannot be canceled. In this case, you can request to return the item for a refund (minus shipping costs).
Please also note that cancellations can only be processed during the first 90 days following the placement of the order. After 90 days have passed we can no longer process a refund.
Bookstore Return, Refund & Exchange Policy
Common Ground International will issue a full refund (minus shipping costs) for most items returned in new condition within 60 days of the shipment date. The customer is responsible for return shipping costs. Items must be in new condition in order to receive a full refund. Items that cannot be, in good faith, re-sold as a new item will receive a partial refund. The partial refund amount will depend upon the resale price for the item as a used product.
If your product is damaged or defective upon receipt, please contact Common Ground International, LLC within 3 days of delivery to request a new item to be sent.
IMPORTANT: All returns to Common Ground International must include either the original receipt or a gift receipt and be within the first 90 days after the order is placed.
We are unable to exchange items. In order to exchange an item, we suggest returning the unwanted item for a refund and placing a new order for the item you want.
To return an item, please take the following steps:
- Pack the items with the original receipt or the gift receipt.
- Ship the package to Common Ground International PO Box 174 Lafayette, CO 80026
- Keep an eye out for a confirmation email- we will confirm receipt of the returned item by email. You will also receive a confirmation email once a credit has been issued to your credit card.
Student Agreement for Medical Spanish Course Participation
By accepting the terms and conditions upon registration, I agree to the following:
- Common Ground International will provide Spanish instruction. The curriculum is intended to be an introduction to medical Spanish at my current grammar level. Completing the curriculum of this course does not guarantee that I, the Student, will be fluent in the language.
- I understand that this course shall not be considered a substitute or a certification course for certified language interpretation nor translation. Students interested in pursuing a Spanish translation or interpretation certification should contact their employer for further information on its policies and requirements for such certification.
- I understand that this course shall not be considered a certification of bilingual competency, nor will I represent successful completion of this class as being “certified” or “qualified” bilingual staff or provider for healthcare settings.
- I agree to hold harmless CGI, including its officers, agents, employees, representatives, and successors, from any liability arising from or relating (in any way) to my participation in this course.
- I give CGI the permission to use class pictures and audio/video recordings from my class for marketing purposes, as online course material, and any other use deemed appropriate by CGI.
- I understand that CGI reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or discontinue the course (in which event refund of deposit may be made) or to make such alternations in the schedule or syllabus as is necessary or desirable.
Course Cancellation Policy
Courses and Events purchased on this site are non-refundable. While they are non-refundable, they are fully transferable to an upcoming course if you are unable to complete your current course. In the case of a course transfer, you will be responsible for a $25 processing fee and will be credited a pro-rated amount toward your next course purchase. Amount of credit will be the value of classes not attended in your original booking.
Immersion Trip Cancellation Policy:
All sales are final. All payments applied to immersion trips are non-refundable. If you are uncertain about your ability to travel on an immersion trip that you’ve registered for, we suggest you purchase travel insurance with trip cancellation coverage in the event that you are unable to travel as scheduled.
Common Ground International does not store or distribute any of your financial information. We value your business and guarantee the security and privacy of your purchases with Common Ground International.
Common Ground International does not distribute any of your personal information (including email addresses) to any outside party. The email address you provide for your account will be added to our mailing list of helpful Spanish tips and special product offers, but you are free to manage your subscription or unsubscribe at any time.
Terms of Service
Last updated: September 4, 2015
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the http://commongroundinternational.com website operated by Common Ground International, LLC.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service. Termination clause for websites that do not have accounts.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Common Ground International.
Common Ground International has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Common Ground International shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party web sites or services that you visit.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.