Teaching Languages for Specific Purposes – Best Practices
Teaching languages for specific purposes is inherently different than teaching general language courses. Even the best instructors need a new approach when it comes to teaching industry-specific language.
This 6-lesson course draws on 15+ years of experience teaching Spanish for specific purposes and is applicable to high school, university, and community courses.
In this 5 – lesson course on teaching languages for specific purposes you will learn:
- Philosophy shifts to make your LSP courses relevant, practical and effective.
- The 5 Pillars of LSP that will guide your course and curriculum design.
- The Hourglass Instructional Model that gives you a framework for moving from Comprehensible Input to Unstructured Practice in 50 minutes.
- Effective Assessments that give you the data that you need to know if your courses are preparing people for using this language in their industry setting.
- LSP Immersion Programs essentials for safe, meaningful, and legit immersion travel that supports your LSP program and courses.
- Next Steps for you in identifying what to focus on and how to move LSP forward at your institution.
Here is the direct link to the course