Intermediate 1 Medical Spanish in Denver Colorado
$315.00 – $480.00
Intermediate 1 Medical Spanish is perfect for the learner who is already semi-conversational in Spanish yet, and wants to learn and practice Spanish in the medical context. Our Intermediate 1 Course is offered at the following locations and times this session. Please select one option from the drop down menu below.
Early Registration Sale Ends…
Intermediate 1 Medical Spanish
Anschutz Medical Campus:
Required Text: An Introduction to Spanish for Healthcare Workers, 4th ed.
Contact for Questions: Rory Foster: [email protected]
Increase your Medical Spanish proficiency! The Intermediate I course is appropriate for students with some significant Spanish experience and if you’ve already been learning medical Spanish on the job or studying medical Spanish. We assume you are comfortable with present tense verbs, and have studied the past tense before. For the first few weeks we will review basic body parts and internal organs, symptoms and pain, the pharmacy (giving patient instructions and side effects), and diet and nutrition (recommending certain diets). You will then learn how to conduct a physical exam in Spanish, how to explain tests and procedures to patients, and how to take a detailed medical history. Grammar topics will include strengthening how you communicate in the past tense with patients, learning how to give commands, and learning how to use direct and indirect object pronouns.
Great for students who…
- Are very comfortable with the present tense, are pretty comfortable with the past tense. Maybe had a few years in high school.
- Currently speak Spanish as much as possible with your patients.
- Want to focus on learning medical vocabulary & get a lot of time to practice in the classroom setting.
- Completed Beginning II
Other quick links you may be interested in:
- If you’re working on learning Spanish for your healthcare career, we have the medical Spanish you need!
- Learn more about our other course levels above the Beginning Medical Spanish class.
- Follow us on Facebook to stay in the loop on all things medical Spanish.