Beginning 2 Medical Spanish in Denver & Aurora Colorado
Beginning 2 Medical Spanish takes your Spanish to the next level!
Beginning 2 Medical Spanish is offered at the following locations and times this next session.
Early Registration ends 1/31/19
Beginning 2 Medical Spanish Details:
Denver Health: Tuesdays March 5 – April 23 (5:15-7:00p)
Required Text: An Introduction to Spanish for Healthcare Workers, 4th ed.
Contact for Questions: Rory Foster: [email protected]
If you are beyond needing to learn basic medical Spanish, join the Beginning 2 class and take your Spanish to the next level! The Beginning 2 course is a continuation of Beginning I or a great place to start learning if you already have some experience with Spanish. We will bring you to a point of further knowledge and comfort with the Spanish language in the medical context. You will begin with a review of Beginning I material such as common cold and flu symptoms and how to talk about pain and body parts using present tense verbs. Then you will learn how to take a family medical history, give pharmacy and dosing instructions for common medications as well as explaining their possible side effects, and learn how to recommend lifestyle changes regarding diet and nutrition, including special diets for patients. You will review regular and irregular present tense verb conjugations, learn preterit tense verbs, and speaking about the future.
Great for students who…
- Maybe have some high school experience with Spanish –OR-
- Can get through a basic interaction with patients, but really need to focus on some grammar and specific medical vocabulary to help be more efficient.
- Know the present tense and are able to use it, but get lost when it comes to past tense.
- Completed Beginning I
Other quick links you may be interested in:
- If you’re working on learning Spanish for your healthcare career, we have the medical Spanish you need!
- Learn more about our other course levels above and below the Beginning 2 Medical Spanish class.
- Follow us on Facebook to stay in the loop on all things medical Spanish.